INFORMATION AND APPLICATION FOR HOUSING
Habitat for Humanity Lethbridge is a non-profit housing organization. We provide families with an alternative path to home ownership. We serve families of all social, religious, and ethnic backgrounds.
We invite you to review the following guidelines to determine whether or not you are a good fit for our program.
1. Your present rental housing does not meet your family's needs. It may be too costly, too small, or in poor condition.
2. Applicants must be Lethbridge residents for a minimum of 3 years.
3. At least one of the applicants must have a minimum of 3 years with their current employer.
4. Your income is low enough that you are not able to buy a home in the usual way, for example, through a bank loan. At least one member of your family must be employed and earn a minimum of $40,0000 per year.
5. ALL working members of the family must include the following:
a) your three most recent NOA (Notice of Assessment) from CRA.
b) letter(s) from your employer(s) detailing hours worked and current wage.
c) The application will not be considered unless these items are included.
6. You agree to provide authorization to verify chequing/ and or savings account balances, get a statement from your current and previous landlords, and a complete a credit check.
7. We require a minimum of three references. One must be your employer and the others must be two of the following:
a) a member of the clergy
b) a teacher
c) a social worker
d) a healthcare professional
e) or another professional.
8. If approved for a Habitat home, you must provide a total of five hundred hours of sweat equity, the majority of which would be on the build. Other hours can be logged into volunteering for charitable community organizations. Some restrictions may apply.
9. If you are approved for a home, your mortgage payment will cost between 25 and 30% of your monthly income. You are required to make these payments on time.
10. To be approved for a home, you must have children under the age of 18 living in the home.